Easy to use analog circuit simulation for
the professional circuit designer
5Spice provides Spice specific schematic entry, the ability to define and save an unlimited number of analyses, and integrated graphing of simulation results. Plus easy inclusion of Spice/PSpice® models from a user expandable library. The focus is on analog circuit analysis and design at the component level. Student level MOSFET IC design is also supported but not compatible with HSpice® model libraries.
5Spice has the analysis capabilities needed by experienced circuit designers while remaining easy to use. Choose the standard 2.0 level or new 5Spice Professional for more power and more features.
5Spice uses desktop simulation to insure the privacy of your proprietary design, and to avoid design loss if a vendor's cloud solution evaporates.
5Spice 2.30 now available
- most Spice concepts are represented visually in the schematic
- define, name and save unlimited numbers of analyses, each with a corresponding graph
- indexed library of Spice models and subcircuits
easily add manufacturer's files of models and subcircuits or your own. accepts standard Spice subcircuit syntax plus almost complete compatibility with PSpice® subcircuit syntax as used by Analog Devices, Linear Technology, Maxim and TI. Not compatible with PSpice digital models.
when linking a model to a schematic symbol, the searchable selection list shows only library models that match symbol.
- subcircuit schematic symbols auto-adjust number of pins
the opamp and generic subcircuit schematic symbols adjust the number of pins to match the number of nodes in the user selected subcircuit. users can enter names for the pins which are then saved in the library.
- temperature or component values can be swept and results plotted in a single graph. an included op-amp model allows op-amp GBW to be swept.
- behavioral modeling
schematic symbol with user defined equation (equation may contain math functions, IF-THEN-ELSE structures, etc.)
- use a wizard to set Spice simulation defaults to match your circuit
- support for analysis of alternative designs
- much of Spice's traditional quirkiness is hidden from the user
- program's Help tells how to perform tasks, written by a Spice user
- a notes section in the schematic and one in each analysis allows users to document their work
Features when you register the program
- larger schematic sizes (standard A,B,C drawing sizes). the single drawing size in the unregistered program is about half of A size.
- program licensed for use in business and government. the unregistered program allows this use only for a 30 day evaluation period.
- remove promotional text in schematic found in unregistered program, add user's company information to title box.
- view results of
Noise, AC and DC Sensitivity analysis
FFT and large signal harmonic Distortion analysis (Fourier Transform based)
- pass parameter values from schematic symbol to its subcircuit
- able to save schematics containing: transformer with saturating core, device parameter TestPoint, logic gates
- export tabular data from graph/table to file for import into another program
5Spice Professional adds
- multi-page schematic
- user defined parameters to set static and swept component values
- plot simulation data as it is created
- modify and plot simulation data with user defined equations
- X-Y graphing
- tool to make schematic into Spice subcircuit
- “archive” option to save Spice models in the Project file
5Spice depends on feedback from its users for bug detection and product improvement ideas. And to pass the word. Watch the site for updated versions. Program written by an electrical engineer - see Design Consulting page.
Copyright © 2014 Richard P. Andresen
Note: PSpice is a registered trademark of Cadence Design Systems, Inc.