- most Spice concepts are represented visually in the schematic
- define, name and save unlimited numbers of analyses, each with a corresponding graph
- indexed library of Spice models and subcircuits.
easily add manufacturer's files of models and subcircuits or your own. accepts standard Spice subcircuit syntax plus almost complete compatibility with PSpice® subcircuit syntax as used by Analog Devices, Linear Technology, Maxim, TI and others. Not compatible with PSpice digital models.
when linking a model to a schematic symbol, the searchable selection list shows only library models that match the symbol.
See the SiC page if using the latest SiC MOSFETs.
- subcircuit schematic symbols auto-adjust number of pins.
the opamp and generic subcircuit schematic symbols adjust the number of pins to match the number of nodes in the user selected subcircuit. users can enter names for the pins which are then saved in the library.
- temperature or component values can be swept and results plotted in a single graph. an included op-amp model allows op-amp GBW to be swept.
- Switch Mode power supplies - special setting for fastest simulation.
- behavioral modeling
schematic symbol with user defined equation (equation may contain math functions, IF-THEN-ELSE structures, etc.)
- time-accurate switching of controlled switches and digital logic devices
- use a wizard to set Spice simulation defaults to match your circuit
- support for analysis of alternative designs
- much of Spice's traditional quirkiness is hidden from the user
- program's Help tells how to perform tasks, written by a Spice user
- a notes section in the schematic and one in each analysis allows users to document their work
Features when you register the program
- larger schematic sizes (standard A,B,C drawing sizes). the single drawing size in the unregistered program is about half of A size.
- program licensed for use in business and government. the unregistered program allows this use only for a 30 day evaluation period.
- remove promotional text in schematic found in unregistered program, add user's company information to title box.
- view results of
Noise, AC and DC Sensitivity analysis, FFT
and large signal harmonic Distortion analysis (Fourier Transform based)
- pass parameter values from schematic symbol to its subcircuit
- save schematics containing
transformer with saturating core, device parameter TestPoint, logic gates
- export tabular data from graph/table to file for import into another program
5Spice Professional adds
- multi-page schematic
- user defined parameters to set static and swept component values
- plot simulation data as it is created
- modify and plot simulation data with user defined equations
- X-Y graphing
- tool to make schematic into Spice subcircuit
- “archive” option to save Spice models in the Project file
Note: PSpice is a registered trademark of Cadence Design Systems, Inc.